Texas Fine Arts Association (TFAA) is formed
Texas legend Clara Driscoll donates her lakeside, 1916 estate in west Austin to be used “as a Museum to bring pleasure in the appreciation of art to the people of Texas.”
TFAA splits into two separate entities. Laguna Gloria Art Museum is created with the purpose of owning and operating the museum and grounds, and presenting exhibitions and educational programs in the Driscoll Villa.
The 5,300-square foot Art School facility was constructed on the ground of Laguna Gloria.
Laguna Gloria Art Museum changes its name to Austin Museum of Art and moves its primary exhibition space to 823 Congress Avenue
The Driscoll Villa and gardens and key features of The Art School complex are refurbished and restored through a successful $3.6 million Laguna Gloria Renewal Project
The Austin Museum of Art celebrates 50 Years in the Community and merges with Arthouse at the Jones Center, rejoining the two primary organizations that constituted the Texas Fine Arts Association